Tonight I made Lamb Stew for dinner to much anticipation. The house smelled so freaking good all day as it slow cooked in the crock pot! I have never made Lamb stew before and looked up several recipes. My friend Tania suggested Armenian lamb stew but I did not have fresh mint or red wine so I decided to stick with my heritage and add a ton of potatoes, thus making it Irish. 🙂 It was very good, all though I regret not adding garlic. (No garlic? Who am I?!) Lamb is almost sweet and I felt the stew needed some more pepper and garlic to balance it out. However, this was a good starter recipe and I would recommend you try it, adding your own touches to it!
- 1 pound cubed lamb meat
- Half of 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound petite potatoes cut in half
- Q couple of roughly diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste. I used fresh ground pink Himalayan sea salt and it is very strong! Just add a little
- 2 cups beef stock
- A few pinches of fresh italian flat leaf parsley
- A few pinches of fresh thyme
I just added everything raw into my crock pot (including the lamb) and cooked it on low for about 8 hours. Seriously, the smell was out of this world! I served it with a few more sprigs of fresh parsley, a little more sea salt and some fresh home-made bread smeared with rosemary garlic goat cheese.
It really was delicious! Charlotte really loved it, but to get Jack to eat it (He is the world’s pickiest dinner eater) we told him it was sheep soup and made each bite he took say “baaaa!” He loved it but it made me wonder… Are we scarring him? 😉
Hope you enjoy!